Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 5 - Clear

Who knew Excel could be so interesting! I am so glad for this week's mini lectures. I am grateful to those students who requested this section to be a part of the course. I felt so much smarter after watching the lectures. The arrangement of rows and columns helps the data to be organized and the formatting helps with the appeal and design of the workbook. I learned how to print excel sheets because I always wondered how to fit all the information on the page. I also found the way words and percentages and currency is inputted to be interesting. I think it is so advanced that the document just does everything and reads the data automatically. The spreadsheet helps you analyze data, calculate formulas, and display summarized data in a pivot table.

I think having knowledge regarding Excel can be so useful in the business setting. It's great for accounting and even just keeping a record of transactions. I think this is some of the most practical information I can learn. Oftentimes students feel like classes are a drag because the information is not going to be used later in life but I feel more equipped with skills to use Excel when I used to just push it away and say "I don't know how to do that". I found a helpful YouTube video (click the link) for us "slow" people that describes Excel in a great way just like the lectures from class.

No comments:

Post a Comment