Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 9 - Clear - Internet and the Web

Since I've enrolled in this class I have began to see the internet in a who other realm. I didn't know anything about web servers or any other details about the intricate functioning of the world wide web. Now when I surf the internet I will think about how domain names are translated into their own IP addresses through DNS servers. The internet is a great resource for people to use and I'm glad I'm gaining a better understanding of it.

The internet is so vast and accesses you to a myriad of valuable information at your fingertips. Most of the time I use Google's search engine primarily because it is reliable and is in my comfort zone. Google is very popular and it even has its own phrase..."Google it." I use gmail and Yahoo the most for emailing for the same reasons. Times have changed with people using the internet instead of phone books.I think it's crazy that some companies and organizations don't have websites. Confusion about basic information as well as some details could be alleviated by creating a website.

Below is a Video about how some people believe Google is a Conspiracy

No comments:

Post a Comment