Sunday, October 24, 2010

Web 2.0 and Presentation

After critiquing my classmate’s presentation I saw some areas I could have made some improvements upon as well as some areas that were strong. In some presentations I looked at, the pictures didn't really tell a story whereas in my presentation I decided to add a lot of pictures and media in order to capture the audience’s attention. I aligned the pictures in a way that I thought was more aesthetic to the public eye and added my own voice in order to gain a more personable feel with my audience. In my presentation I tried to describe the event with as much detail as I could, without boring the audience. I don't think I anticipated the questions very well. I tried to keep the information on slides concise so as not to be too wordy, but this technique may be lacking and thus cause the audience to not fully comprehend the content. I proofread my presentation many times and elaborated on my slides with audio and video. My goal was to captivate the eye of my audience and encourage them to have fun and be engaged because of the nature of the event- Homecoming.

Presentations like the ones we create in this class are very much needed in the business world. Presentations are constantly used in business to sell a product or illustrate a strategy for a product launch or restructure. They are great tools to deliver a message and elaborate on findings or ideas. Presentations present information in a logical and systematic way, if done so correctly. If ever I need to persuade someone in the field of business I would feel better prepared.

http://www.myplick.com/view/5I1qhj6Nls1/soulfest-final-last?invite=1vdv7690qUS

Below is a new link to my presentation on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPUevU5rX3Y

No comments:

Post a Comment