Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 7 - Clear

One thing that stood out to me when discussing presentations is the powerpoint slides. I hate giving presentations because I never know how much to say. Reading directly off of a slide is one of my biggest pet peeves. I feel like people should be able to read without you doing it for them. It seems so pointless to me unless people paraphrase. It is so important not to boggle the slide down with so many points. People don't want to eat all of that. This can negatively affect the signal-to-noise ratio and people will not want to listen to the presentation any longer.

Good communication skills and precision with presentations is crucial in the business profession because ideas need to be thoroughly explained but not in a manner that is redundant or unimportant. I found a YouTube video offering some good advice on making good presentations.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for sharing the video you found.
    Dr. Means

    ReplyDelete