Saturday, November 20, 2010

Secure Email

I found the secure email project to be very fun! It was interesting and introduced me to a useful program called Thunderbird. I thought the directions were helpful and easy to follow and definitely opened my eyes to the importance of secure email.

I found an article from http://ezinearticles.com/?Using-Secure-Email-is-Crucial-For-Any-Business&id=3313320 that discussed the importance of secure email in the business realm. Secure email systems help to keep hackers away and help business keep their secrets, legal documents and agreements private. Secure email systems also protect information from leaking to the public, due to people that are fired or let go from a company. Also when employees or executives of a company use hot spots or Wi-Fi, secure email systems give extra security to important information. The article discussed the fact that other companies/competitors can easily locate information if they wanted to and secure email systems help to prevent any theft as easily as possible.

Below are my screenshots of my emails from Thunderbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment