Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week 12 - Muddy

Networking...seems like a pretty easy concept to grasp. Well, somewhat. I am a public relations major so in my field communication is extremely important. It is always exciting to learn about different forms of communication and especially the interworking of the Internet. But I was wrong. I really took to ViOP because these type of programs keep people in touch as the world is constantly changing and becoming more technologically savvy. I enjoyed learning about Ethernets because ironically I had never heard of the official term until I cam to UF. This is because it is commonly used in business settings and hospitals and college-settings. It is a cable used for local area networks and transfers radio frequency signals between multiple computers at a rate of 10 megabits per second. There are also Ethernet cards that serve the same purpose.

I started to get confused with the TCP/IP jargon. Computers are sometimes too technical for me and this was somewhat confusing. TCP/IP is communication language between computers on the Internet. It is amazing to me how the Internet works so it is hard for me to grasp such detail-oriented concepts. TCP is the communication between applications, and occupies the communication line. The IP is communication between computers without network lines. I utilized this website to help me understand in more basic terms http://www.w3schools.com/tcpip/tcpip_intro.asp and this website http://www.yale.edu/pclt/COMM/TCPIP.HTM. I also found a tutorial helpful. This topic is important for business because it establishes how any form of interaction can take place via computers and the Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment