Sunday, November 14, 2010

Voice Over IP Extra Credit

I thought this assignment was very interesting. I can say that I need to get more equipped with the various technological resources and social media sites that exist especially as a public relations and business student. I have a Twitter and Facebook and I hardly use them both. I do not have a skype but I downloaded it for the purposes of this assignment. I never had a MySpace and actually only got a Facebook once I came to college just to stay updated with activities and long-distance friends.

I downloaded and used Skype for the first time and I found it to be so cool. In my conversation with my friend Armando, I thought it was the greatest thing to be able to hear his voice and not use a phone. Once I turned the web cam on, my excitement launched to a whole new level, although I tried to act cool. Skype is great! And it is amazing to have a real conversation with someone and be able to see them at the same time. I made faces at him and did strange movements with my head, just because I thought it was neat that he could see my every move.

I think ViOP programs can be very important and useful for conducting business meetings and transactions. ViOP offers a simple way for people to communicate and present or show information at the same time. I don't know why I never used Skype but I will utilize it now.


Links to my videos can be found below.

http://www.screencast.com/users/CWhitlow01/folders/Jing/media/edb12726-79ae-4772-bdab-9f52cb1ca6e2

http://www.screencast.com/users/CWhitlow01/folders/Jing/media/92e096aa-124f-4cf6-bcea-553269bc9bcd

No comments:

Post a Comment