Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 11 - Muddy

This week I found Information systems to be quite complex. It seemed easier than I thought. However, I was thoroughly confused! I think that this topic may be beneficial to grasp but it will definitely take me some time. I didn't quite get the language especially relating to programmers, analysts and. I did find the system development cycle with steps including: planning, analysis, implementation, testing and maintenance, to be quite interesting. However as I was doing my research I noticed that there can be anywhere from five to seven steps in the cycle. I feel like the more in-depth, the better because it is more thorough and helps to capture all elements of developing a project. I also understood change management and the emphasis and outlooks of two different perspectives, the manager/boss and the employee. It will affect them differently.

I really have to give it to system analysts. I could not do their job. I truly admire their ability to understand programming language, create, deploy and test systems. These skills would be useful in the business setting because so much of what is done now a days is technical and involves computers. However, I do not think these skills are very transferable. I feel that they take some time to develop. They are very unique and seem like it takes a lot of practice to acquire. I found a video to clear up some confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment